Saturday, September 27, 2008

So Many thoughts

Wow-what an intense week.
School is going great. Classes are good-hard in some ways-stretching and challenging the way I am thinking in some areas-which is good-its making me aware. THis last weekend was Red Rock and like last year it was lots of fun, great memories and at the same time, heart breaking and unity and kionionia-unity. One thing that i think most people think of when they think "bible college" students, is not how perfect their lives are, but since it is a bible school, it must be shelter and life must be pretty good (I mean come on, if you are at a bible school it must be), but I learnt/realized this past week that it is anything but that. Sometimes being in Bible school is tougher then universtity for that reason-people think life is good, when it could be quite the opposite. Does that make sense?
I came into this year challenge by a friend to yes focus on school work (the acedemic part of it), but to reach out to friends (first years in particular) and to focus on relationships. So that is what I have been doing. It was been totally rewarding thus far and I will continue to do it. That said, it is a lot to handle mentally and all. So for those who read-pray for me.
Another thing is balance-where does that balance come in with new friends, old friends, home, acedemics etc etc. I am also realizing that it is a lot hard this year and I think it has to do in part with being open and sharing right off the hop with friends. Its draining it really is. SO prayer for that as well, for balance.
Oh this thing called life is an interesting ride...I am sure everyone can relate to some extent. I guess this is where Giving it all to God comes in...
yah its been a great week,hard week, rewarding week. God is making me grow, He is stretching me in ways which I never knew I could be stretched, but I thank Him for that.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Yup, yup...praying...