Privet!
How are things back where you are? Ukraine continues to go well. I am happy to report (at least on my end) that last night we had a nice thunderstorm and rain and cooler temperatures today!!!! I think some of the people here prefer the warmer tempertaures we had, but I am very thankful for not having broken a sweat at all today!! This was the first time for it since landing in the Ukraine! God is good! Even with weather!
I am doing well. LIving with another family till thursday of this week and so far it is going well. Really nice couple and 4 cute little girls! (plus a cat, kitten and puppy-so I am very content with it! :D:D).The last few days, I have gone out to a village that is just outside of sumy from 10-2:30 each day to hang out with the kids there. That first day I went out (the hotest day) we went for a hike in the bush and then had home made mac and cheese (though different but good) and had games and lessons down there. These past two days...have been up at the uilding in the village where they usally have it. Its benn good to watch how things run in a different country and am starting slowly to pick up a little russian (though Irina there is no way I could have a conv. with you yet!!! Maybe come august!) Praise the Lord for that and I pray I can continue to pick some of the language up.
I am doing well. LIving with another family till thursday of this week and so far it is going well. Really nice couple and 4 cute little girls! (plus a cat, kitten and puppy-so I am very content with it! :D:D).The last few days, I have gone out to a village that is just outside of sumy from 10-2:30 each day to hang out with the kids there. That first day I went out (the hotest day) we went for a hike in the bush and then had home made mac and cheese (though different but good) and had games and lessons down there. These past two days...have been up at the uilding in the village where they usally have it. Its benn good to watch how things run in a different country and am starting slowly to pick up a little russian (though Irina there is no way I could have a conv. with you yet!!! Maybe come august!) Praise the Lord for that and I pray I can continue to pick some of the language up.
I have already had many experiences riding their form of taxis (I know how to pronouce it, but NO idea how to spell it) and needless to say...its pretty cramped and on those hot days...well its a good thing I am not clusterphobic!!! But a good expereice none the less. Been to the market a few times already..also crampepd there as well but another good experience. Pretty much name it and they have it somewhere there..you just gotta look for it. From what I have been told and seen the Ukrainian people are very forward..they say what they mean sort of thing (sorry Natalia! its true!) Chocolate pretty sweet here too, as is the apple pop! Kbac are all over teh streets ("children's beer" is the name for it in germany but its pretty much fermented, low alcholic beverage that a lot of people here enjoy, though I do not plan on trying it at this point) Streets are SUPER busy iwth people and cars...all kinds of cars..have even seen lots of chevs and a few fords even...interesting.
All in all, its good to be back in Europe...I missed it and it feels as though I never left eitehr at the same time. THere were a few things about Europe that I forgot, but have since been reminded about since being back...its good though!!
Prayer Requests are similar to those of last email.. Praise Item would be that for the last few days, I had sort of a head cold/pug nose (due to climate change the most I think) but it seems to be over ofor the most part (PTL) but continual prayer for health and saftey would be appreciated.
God Bless where you are!
--
Nikki Friesen
http://troubled-heart.blogspot.com/
~The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing."~
~Zephaniah 3:17~
Contact Information While I am in the Ukraine
SEND International: www.send.org www.sendcanada.org
SEND International Email
Canadian Office: info@sendcanada.org ph 1-888-918-5036
USA/International Office: info@send.org ph 1-...
No comments:
Post a Comment