Thursday, June 04, 2009

Month of May

Greetings Friends and Family,

I begin this post with mixed emotions and not actaully sure how to write it, or what to say. I guess I will start with this past month. As most, if not all, of you know, this past month of may-I had the opportunity to serve on as Spring staff at a local camp. This consisted of some maintence/custodial work, along with helping with the different school groups that came and all. Going into camp...I was not expecting to "get as much out of it" as I did. I was wanting to just "go in, serve my 4 weeks and leave" not really getting attacthed or giving myself to it, because that was not my main goal for the summer, Ukraine is what I have been focused in on.

However, my meak and most often, pathetic human mind, could not comprehend how God would work and did work over the corse of those 4 weeks. I even ended up staying on a couple of extra days because I did not want to leave. God revealed Himself to me while I was there in so many ways. Simple things like meeting an old camper of mine from St. Laurent Manitoba when I went up there for VBS during high school-was really neat to see how seeds DO get planted and then grow, even when you that the kids are not listening to anything you are saying. Other things like just gaining experience at working at a camp and seeing how it runs...the committment and energy that it really does take.
God especially revealed himself to me through other people...not necessary the groups that came, but the staff-both full time and spring staff. I was lucky enough (or blessed) to work with a lot of super awesome people, all on fire for camp ministry and especially God. A lot of super awesome memories and friendships were made. A few that stick out in my mind are running activities together (chatting at climbing way, learning how to lasso at the Horses, canoeing, outdoor cooking), DQ runs, random "jamming times" outside and inside, hanging out in the dining hall anytime during the day, pictures, walks and talks and just sharing life with one another... Thank you for making camp even harder to leave guys!! You will be missed and will be in my prayers as you continue to minister where you are! Know that I will see you when I get back!!

As to Ukraine now..as the subject suggests, 4 days and counting...how am I doing? I have my moments where I am SUPER excited to just go, but also times where nervous get the best of me...so a lot of really mixed emotions...at the same time, something which has been really neat, is that through it all, I have had this overwhelming sense of peace that I know can ONLY come from God. So know that your prayers are definately felt!

Also note that I will try to update my blog once I can..although I know for the month of July when I will be at the camp, there will be no internet so updates might not come as often, but month of June I should have more access! Just as a heads up! Some of you have been asking abotu prayer requests-Here is what I have at this time

-Pray for the last few days at home, that I get things together t I need to get and that packing and all goes well, along with spending a last little time with friends and family
-Pray for my parents as I prepare to leave and am gone
-Pray for Health and saftey both as I travel down to the Ukraine and as I am there and serve
Pray for flights-that they will run on time and that I will be able to make connections hassle free and that my luggage comes with me
-Pray for open eyes-A goal of mine is that my heart will be broken for what BReaks God's heart (as a song says as well)
-Pray that I take every expereince as an opportunity to serve God-no matter where or when during this trip-whether that is at the camp, or flying, or during the time of traveling
-For those that have traveled-prayer for traveling in general and that I will be able to handle things as it comes (you know what I am talking about!!)

No comments: