Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Changes

So this thought/topic has been on my mind lots lately...it might have somethign to do with the fact that I am graduating in April and thus have to deciede what to do next, and I am sure I have written about it before, so if some of it is repititve, I apologize but yah just a few things that has been on my mind lately.
To sort of follow from last post, and once again, I do not have a lot of time, change...but what is change, when does it happen and why does it happen?!
Just with having a few conversations with some people, I know change is VERY real (like duh Nikki, no kidding, go figure!) but its been interesting to read past journal entries that I have written for various reasons for mission trips, assignments this and that type stuff.  It is through these writings and other stuff that I raelizehow much I have changed and how I have realized how much other people change as well.  I had a meeting a few weeks back with one of my profs, just talking abotu Ukraine and now Philippines more recently and I remember my first class with him back in my first year (wow that makes me sound old!) but yah its true and now realizing where I am at.  It was great.  We chatted abit about my practicum and different qualities that I have and could work on etc.  Now for those that know me growing up, I NEVER would ahve said I was outgoing, a public speaker or someone who likes to teach, but that is what I have been hearing lately from people.  he mentioned that I have the ability...and this comes through in photography as well, to be observent and laid back.  this helps me take in what is around me and be able to process things as they happen/say the right thing and all of that.  he also mentioned perhaps teh gift of teaching.  Its wierd though how my dad has always said I should be a teacher, but I have always very quickly, shut that down...then after the first year of camp that I did, the supervisor there told me that perhaps I should look at teaching down the line, then recently, my Ukraine review, and a friend who I started school with here at college randomly mentioned that!  God, what are you trying to teach me, tell me?  I never would have thought of myself as a teacher or leader.  But SBC has showen that to me as well....they have developed the leadership ability in me.  Growing up, I never was the leader of the group..its not to say I am a follower of the crowd (I mean really, have you seen.heard the traveling I have done!) but those qualities were never really developed within me.  Its been fun to realize and see as well
God is good.  He did/has and will continue to, put amazing people in my life.  People who are stretched me, challenged me, informed me of the world around and have helped me grown in SO many ways!  Thanks guys, you know who are you!
Keep on living for GOD!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Interesting how others push us to see different qualities in ourselves that we don't notice on our own, eh? Teaching? Yup, I could totally see that. I affirm that gift in you to (whether you see it yet or not!).