Sunday, September 23, 2012

Just Surrender

It is sunday morning before church.  Another cool crips fall morning. I usually do not blog first thing in the morning (especially on a sunday) but now, I feel as tho I should and could-so I am going to. 

I realized something yesterday.  I realized that I love my friends.  Odd that I only realized this now? Perhaps. However some people never realize it and that is sad.  I went out to steinbach yesterday for coffee with a friend and then for another's wedding shower (which was a blast!).  What stuck out to me, was that this friend I went out for coffee with-was my roomate first year of college.  Just thinking back to that year, I cant do anything but smile and chuckle to myself.  Her and I have a relationship that is unlike any other.  When we first met and I realized I would have to "survive" a year with her-I was ready right there to quite school and go home. Like for real!  Our personalities were total opposites!  Through many ups and downs, venting sessions with other friends, weekend 'escapes' home, and especially own, personal growth-her friendship is one I have really come to cherish and love.

Here is a young women who doesnt care what other people think of her.  FOr example-her clothes.  I remember her being far out 'wacky' with bright bright colours and like crazy floral pattern type clothes (the 70's come to mind).  I had not seen her for quite a while and so we made plans to meet at a local coffee shop-she showed up with TIGER EARS in her hair, a BRIGHT Neon Green jacket and like 70's floral style pants, ffashioned with a somewhat normal, looking mini purse.  She said her outfit was for heading out to Kareokee later in the city!  HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!
I could do nothing but smile to myself as she wrapped me in a huge hug.  It was so good to see her!

In the short time we hung out, we laughed, told silly stories and drank coffee.  What was more special tho, was that, despite the fact we hadnt talked/seen each other for a while-we talked like we saw each other every day.  Shared hurts, lessons from God, trials and victories that we were facing.  I was incredible blessed. 

In the end, I thanked her so much for the time with her and prayed for her.

I'd like to say that my main reason for going out to steinbach, was for the shower that followed (and to some extent, it was) but after my last week that I had, God knew I needed to see her. I needed to laugh and be 'picked up' in a way that oonly she can pick people (me) up.

When you 'just surrender' to God and give Him control-stand back and be prepared to be amazed. Don't forget to smile and thank God for those moments!

No comments: