Saturday, September 08, 2012

Selfish...pt. 2

I want to share a bit of a story, something that I wrestled with this last week.  I was reminded at the importance of attitude and yes, it has to do with being selfish as well.  As much as I try (some days, more than other) to have a good attitude about work-I really dont.  For the month of august, I worked around 50 hours a week with overtime-which was fine as I knew (and was expecting too) work that.  However, come September now, I was anticipating back to normal 9-5:30 hours but NO overtime sign went back up and the request for working Saturday came up.

Now, in my head I was thinking "no way, I am done working OT" BUT then my last post came to mind, but more importantly-this little 'voice' (aka God) popped into my head and told me "hello Nikki-um remember about living your life FOR ME in EVERYTHING YOU DO...I am the One you are serving, not your boss, not your work-NOTHING BUT ME" whoa ok God-i got the message loud and clear..at least I think I did.

Needless to say, I did go into work this morning and I am not saying/sharing this to brag or anything- but it proves my point from last post.  How many times in a day, do I think about "me me me".  I could have said no to going into work-and that would have been ok, do not get me wrong...but it would not have sit well with me. (again, look at how many times I said "me" in that...)

Anyways point being- to truly live for Christ, we need an attitude adjustment.  We need to re focus our line of thinking and constantly think of God.  One thing that I do love about work, that I have said before, is the fact that my job is so routine that I can pray all day (not that I do do that everyday, but I can/should).  Actually there have been many good chats I have had with God while at work which is awesome.

Thanks God, for showing yourself to me in the routine of life.  Father I know I am not perfect.  I stumble. I fall. But You pick me up.  You carry me through it all.  You always have and always will.  I do not know what the future holds, but I do know that I am excited for it.  I am excited for youth start up coming shortly and the chance to connect there and, hopefully, change lives for You.  I cannot (and will not) do that alone.  I need you to continue to walk with me.

"He has shown you, O man, what is good.  what does the Lord is required of you?  To DO Justice. LOVE mercy and WALK humbly with the LORD your God" Micah 6:8

No comments: