When people ask if I look forward to traveling, I tell them "no" and their stunned faces always bring a smile to my heart as I realize just how confused they must be, given all of the traveling I've done (and continue to do). I have learned to explain to people that I really dislike traveling but I LOVE being at the final destination.
*I just dislike getting from point A to point B (aka; the actual traveling part consisting of airports, plane rides; airplane food, annoying seat-mates, babies crying, tiny bathrooms and over 12 hours in the air with nothing to do, as well as customs and constant security*
THAT all being said; I am happy to report that God heard your prayers for safe travels and clear skies. I am officially back on Zambian soil and my heart is happy being back here at Grace academy.
The pure joy of the smiles on the kids faces here, as I literally watched their eyes "lite up" before me as they realized I was back, brought an unexpected healing to the sadness of those "see you later" (goodbyes) that took place a few short days earlier. Something else that I have learned about myself recently is this; just because one travels a lot, it does not make the "goodbye" hugs easier. In fact; it makes them that much harder. However, it does make the "hello hugs" all the sweeter!!
As I wrap this up; I have a few prayer requests (outside of the "normal" ones of health and safety)
- that God will 'break my heart for what breaks His' each and every day
-that this time here at Grace will be a time for me in which I personally am 'refuelled'; spiritually, mentally, physically, and *emotionally
(*when I visited in 2012; there was a situation in which involved a young girl that I witnessed/ was a part of that really "shook" me to a core. Although I did see God's merciful hand upon it in that moment, since being back here in Zambia, I've realized that God needs to do some continual healing in me in regards to that situation*)
-energy renewed everyday
-knowledge in teaching
-authentic, GOOD community with fellow teachers (both Zambians and Canadians)
-pure joy; to wake up every morning with a sense of "child-like" faith and to be able to experience the fullness of what God is wanting to show me.
Thank you so much for everything. Although I'm physically the one in Zambia, please know that I cannot do this alone. Your continual prayers are extremely important in God's work here.
In Christ;
Nikki
No comments:
Post a Comment