Summer 2016 has been an interesting (and strange) summer for me. The funny, and slightly ironic, thing is I’ve barely left my small Mennonite home town that I’ve grown up in. This summer marked the first summer in 3 years that I have worked full time hours. That simple reason, played a large part into me ‘staying put’. However, even with working, I have been able to maximize my evenings, weekends and the long weekends to their fullest potential. In turn, I have not felt as though I have somehow ‘missed out’ on summer. For that, I am thankful.
Unknown to me at the
start of it, summer 2016 also proved to be a summer in which I would continue
to wrestle intensely within my own heart.
While I still stand by what I have said in earlier posts about being at peace
with where God has me now, I’ve been realizing lately that I have this ongoing
need to ‘process’ key events over the last few years of my life to help me
continue to grow personally and spiritually.
Thank you to those who continue to walk alongside me in this
rollercoaster journey. As part of this journey,
I am trying to figure out different ways in which will allow me to
share/process/heal/learn from the many adventures. In the past, I have always turned to journaling
privately- recording thoughts, feelings and emotions of a certain place,
moment, story, or event. Capturing
moments on a photograph, has also helped in this as well. Thank you to a wonderful APP called “Timehop”,
each day I am treated to photos, posts, status updates and much much more on a
daily basis.
So what does any of this
have to do with anything?
There is a saying that
goes, “Home is where the Heart is”.
While I don’t disagree with this statement, I find that it brings about
a whole new set of challenges and heartaches-especially when one’s heart is
scattered around the globe. I find
myself asking, ‘If home is where the heart is, what happens when your heart
isn’t in one exact place-but in multiple places on earth? What happens when we are in one location,
doing what we love to do, but our hearts yearn to be elsewhere with the people
who are there”? If home is where the
heart is, then where is my home?”
“Timehop”, along with a
recent post by a world race teammate, recently got me thinking to the people,
places, cultures, stories, emotions and events in which I have not chosen to
share for whatever reasons-specifically in regards TO my World Race
experiences. So, I have decided that, at
least once a month, I will post a blog about the country I was in three years
ago while ON the World Race. I am not
quite sure how this will fully take forum yet.
Some months it may simply be a photo blog, while others maybe a
combination of race blogs I posted at the time along with personal journal
entries. Other months, may simply
highlight my teams ministry contacts and share about the on going work that
they are continuing to be apart of.
After all; it is through them and their wide range of passions and ‘callings’,
that have truly inspired and taught me about life and what it means to live a
life of sacrifice.
No comments:
Post a Comment