Saturday, July 01, 2006

Grad


Well, it has come and gone. All in all, it was pretty good. The morning was nice, time to relax and to just enjoy the moment before all the crazness started. A few gifts and hugs and last minute things were done. As far as gifts go, grad is almost better then Christmas!!All I wanted was some writting from Mom, and a suitcase, and I got that and then some! Plus Corey is going to get me an Ipod for my travels etc etc, so thanks Corey! It all started with Carol coming down and taking picutres. Pictures of me in my cap and gown and of me with the famiyl and all, you know, those kinds of pictures. I then headed to the MEC by 1:30. Took allot more pictures with friends and again, just sucked it all in with the moments. Ceremony started at 2:00. At that point, It still hadnt hit me that I was were I was, and now I still dont think that it has hit me at all! And no, its not cause of the drinks or anything, cause I never had any. The first half of the Ceremony was Good, richelle did a good job with her Valdictorian address, and aftter that, the clock seemed to go very slow and again I was forcced to ask myself, 12 years of school for this? These 10 steps across the stage to receive a piece of paper? Oh well, needless to say, it came and went. After was the caps toss, that we had to do twice to get pictures, so that twas interesting. Then I took a few more pictures, with friends, family and even the teacher that Started my schooling life for me-Mrs. Penner, so that was pretty sweet. I then raced to get my hair done. Cindy did an amazing job and I was out of there in half an hour. Took pictures there as well-thanks Carol!

It was a bugger getting into my dress again-one which i should have known seeing how the first time I tried it on, I got stuck in it! So that was a little frustrating, but Thanks to the help of Carol again, She fixed the back. Took more pictures, with family and my grandma (dad's mom) and then off I headed. On the way, Mom mentioned how beautiful I was and how proud my grandma (her mom) would have been. I told her that me and the BIG guy upstairs had a deal that she would get a front row seat for the day and after- that of course lead to watery eyes, so we quickly changed the subject. The banquet was good- Everyone loved my dress and was, to a point, shocked at it becuase they werent expecting that from me! Walking through the light house to the pepsi song was fun as well. Kerensa got a joke pulled on her infront of everyone because of what happend at grad skip-she deserved what she got. The meal was ok, nothing amazing. Yeah, after that we took a guys and girls shot with all the dresses and suits. The other dresses were really nice as well, tho some didnt really fit the girls well... More pictures at richelle house. After Grad was good-again nothign exciting. Dancing, poker, black jack you know the good stuff. I really enjoy the black jack table-you hardly ever lost thanks to the dealers! Lots of pictures and fun memories. Hung out, sat by the fire a bit outside. I came home by 2:45 Am. Like I said, all in all, a great day and evening and lots of memories and fun!

Then today I came home from grad camping, which came be summed up in 4 words- A waste of time!
Till next time!

No comments: