Thursday, July 06, 2006

Work...Day 1

Well, lets just say that whoever reads this, and are still in some sort of high school or earlier education-ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF IT! I know the waking up is rough, and the lectures from teachers who just wont shut up, and the leaning tower of Homework seems endess, there is an end, and once its here, chances are you will be waiting high school or school lfe back! so i know you hear it over and over, but its true, high school/school life is soooo easy and fun compared to working full time. I mean sure you dont get paid, but that is what part time jobs are for.

So yeah, I had my first day of 9-5:30 working day. The job itself is not bad. The people are really nice and welcoming and all of that and the work itself isnt hard. Its an experience. The thing that is rough is still the waking up early and knowing you have to be somewhere for a certain time. The half hour luunch sucks, although I am used to a rush lunch, and here i can take it at 11:30 or 2:00-so not sure what I will do yet with that. Tomorrow is Friday, finally, and we start at 8:00 and go to 4:30, so we have the whole evening off which will be nice. I think that what really sucks, is the constantly being on cement flooring all bleeping day. I do have a pretty decent pair of shoes, but i think I will need to spend a couple hundred for a better pair... Though i would hate to waste money on that. Your thoughts? Even with all of that, I think the hardest thing will be knowing that littel brother is sitting at home, having fun/swimming etc. And then there are the days at the beach that I will miss-at least I stil lget my weekends! Outings, this and that, day things that I will have to start giving up. Oh well, I wanted to be 18, an adult, and with that come responsiblities I guess!

LIke i said, there are pluses to it as well-I get money for Europe next year which will be sooooooo much fun! The people I work with, even the ones i dont know yet, will be fun getting to know, and I really enjoy working with the people that I do know. And like I said, its an experience, a learning one-Man, Am I starting to sound like big brother Corey! (scary I know!!)

So yeah, that is the story of my life, exciting I know. Although when I am in Europe, I will be sure to rub it in your faces to all of those working still, while i "party" and all of that!
I am counting down the days!

1 comment:

Niki said...

So, how many days IS it til Europe??? Yeah, life in the "outside world" of adulthood isn't all it's sometimes cracked up to be, but it sure does has it positives. May I remind you of the hours and days of fun you'll have in Europe while your little brother (who's swimming/having fun now) is sitting in school for yet another year? Endure...