
I've Been Told...
I've Been told that 2 comes after 1 and 1+1 is 2.
As a young Kid I was told that once you grow up-you wanna been small again...
THough some days, this is very true, other days I wish I were older....Well still some days I just want time to stop cause I am having too much fun (I guess this is where the contentness comes in)
I've Been told that Life doesnt get easier as you get older, in fact some say harder...though this maybe true, I think life is what you make of it/how you deal with things which occur in your life.
I've been told that maintaining friendships (especially distant relationships) is difficult and require more work- This too, I have come is find is true, however personally I find it easier keeping in contact with friends who are farther away physically, then friends who live near by (this may have to do with a few other factors which I do not care to go into now)
I've Been told that the 3-4th weeks of camp (if you do all summer) are the most difficult. This I will take their word for as I have never experienced a full summer of camp (those which have, is this true?)
I've been told that the second year of school (any sschool potentially, but in my case, second year at SBC) is the most difficult. With that point, it will lead me into a short entry which may have a part two (if I rememember...)
REasons which apparently second year is hardest is because (hopefully) after a stellar first year, you come back sort of expecting it to be the same as when you left, but you forget that the third years are gone and there is a new batch of first years. Buildings change (which will be a case this year with the dorms) so that will be different. New routine of classes. Familiar, old faces, yet faces that may look different then they did four months a go.
I stoked cause a fairly good portion of my class is heading back for year two, however 4 months have passed, things happend, people change, we learn we grow...it will be interesting to see how we have/havent changed. We, as a class, step more into a leadership role of leading the first years (and to some degree the third years) we MIss those who are not back (whether they graduated earlier or are on some other path)
I know for myself, I am excited to return, to catch up. But at the same time, little nervous. I miss last years third years already and the dynamics they brought as a class. How have my friends changed? how have I changed? I know its only 4 months, but still that can be a long, drastic time for some...
Just a few thoughts...
1 comment:
I found that second year was very different from first, but heading into it expecting it to be different, but willing to make new memories (not just continue the old) will make a world of difference in how your year could be. Go in accepting and looking for changes and it will be amazing in a new and challenging way.
Post a Comment