Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dreams

Dreams....
What are your dreams for your life? What are your goal or your plans for your future?
Lately I have been challenged to think about my dreams/goals and I came to a wierd realization today that I acutally dont know what my dreams are.  I know of things that I want to do, but are those dreams? Are those goals?  What happens when those dreams/goals are stripped from us? either by the realization that there is NO way we can accomplish them, or if they get "stolen" from us against our will by someone else?  WHere do we lie then?
 
For myself, I know what I want to do with my life in the sense that I want to do something with kids and travel, but beyond that, I really dont know.  Another thing for me, something which I struggle with when it comes to larger choices, is motivation.  What is my Motivation for doing what I want to do?  I have realized that although it was the BESTt thing for me at the time, my motivations for Eruope where waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong.  Yes I went to a bible school so there was slight motivation there, however deep down, that wasnt the real motivation why I went. I went because I had to PROVE to other people (friends and family as well), that I COULD and WOULD do it.  However not only that, I think the main reason I went was to prove to MYSELF that I could and WOULD do it.  I dont know maybe those were good motivations, but maybe not.  Bring it even closer to home now-practicum...what are my motivations for really wanting to go to Belize?  I dont think they are right and I think that that is why God isnt opening up that door at this point yet...still praying.
But yah thats my challenge for those who read this:  First-DISCOVER what your dreams are-no matter what age you are-God says "ask and you shall recieve, seek and the doors will open"  so are you asking? are you seeking those dreams?  Forget what other people say about not being able to do it, GO FOR IT.  GOd will totally get you through if thats what HE wants for your life.
Check your motivations- is it, "what I  want?" or what "God" wants? CHeck em, question them, ask other people
DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS YOU CANT DO IT!  THey are YOUR dreams!  Your GOD GIVING dreams, dont EVER let go
Looking to HIM

--
Nikki Friesen

No comments: