Well Here I am, I am back at school for another two weeks fo classes, friends and yeps, you guessed it-homework! This past week off went by way to quick, yet at the same time, it felt like it took forever! Whats even harder to believe is that I remember going out for ice cream with a few friends last year at the end of August and mentioning to them how nervous I was about coming to SBC, yet how come fall break last year (again end of October) it would be all good...Well that was a year a go and its crazy to think of how fast time has gone! HOw much I have done since then, and how Much I Have learned! Makes me wonder where I will be next year this time and what I would have all experienced!
This past thursday- I got to go to a Steve Bell concert in the area. WOw is that guy good on his guitar! Talent for sure-however he said something during that timeh has sort of stuck out...although I cant remember it...go figure...but part of the reason why I think it stuck out is because it had to do with something I had experienced earlier in the day. I went into work, just to chat with a few people (my boss included) as well as to drop off cookies. So I went right around break time at work (which I knew) and I passed someone walking out and we chatted a bit and I offered him a cookie and he asked me "why do you do that?" I was like do what? He said, "Bring cookies here, like why" not accusing me of anything, but he was genuienly confused of why I would bring cookies especially since I currently dont work there. THe question caught me off gaurd, but my reply was this, "Why not?" and he looked at me, smiled and said, "ok fair enough"
"Why NOt?" I know how much they like getting food there (especially cookies) so why not make someone's day and bring them cookies? NOt sure where I am going with this, as I am also procrastinating doing homework once agian (wow I am good at that!) but maybe next time, you too will catch someone with a random act of kindness-something that maybe small to you, but will make the other person stop and think about it...may
--
Nikki Friesen
--
Nikki Friesen
No comments:
Post a Comment