I heard a statistic/fact, once that it takes 10 positive comments, for every ONE negative comment that is directed towards a person (specifically, in this case, we were talking about youth). I heard this over a year ago and it has constantly been in the back of my mind. How quick are we to judge those around us? I know I am guilty of this. But lately, it has been re affirmed to me, the importance of "encouraging one another daily" (yes, it is even Biblical!) whether its through a face to face conversation (still always the best and, personally, my favorite), but even with the technology we have now a days such as texting, facebook and yes, even blogs. It takes no more than 30 seconds to send/receive a text. No more than a minute or two to send out a quick email or facebook message (And, lets face it-a lot of us also have email /facebook access on our phones these days-so we dont even need a computer!) AND, for those that are not caught up with today's technology...there STILL is a little something called the telephone which 99.9% of people have now a days in their homes! so basically, there is no excuse :P
It is amazing really, how much a simple "hi" note can do to brighten someones day. I know in the past, I have been on both the giving and receiving end and wow does it ever feel good! So, who are YOU going to encourage today?
On another note- if I could teleport myself right now..I would no longer be at home..I would be in Zambia right now with the wonderful kids and people there. I miss them, I really do. I miss their smiles, their energy and joy and zeal for life, for GOD. Although pictures are great to have, they do not (and will not ever) due justice to the real people of Zambia. I guess what they say are true..once you go to Africa-you are guaranteed to leave a piece of your heart there (and if you dont, well I think you gotta check yourself into a hospital or something, cause something isnt right! It is impossible NOT to fall in love with those people!!)
 |
| goofing off with friends |
Happy Sunday!
1 comment:
Hi Nikki!
Post a Comment