Sunday, May 27, 2012

Blessed

Its been a whirl wind week and a half-that is for sure!  For May long weekend, myself-along with two other friends from college-embarked on a 15 hr (one way) roadtrip out to Stony Plain Alberta-to visit another friend and her husband, from college.  Wow, what an adventure! we drove through the night both going down and heading back and so sleep was minimal.  But the time that we were able to spend out there-was MORE than worth it.  Pedicures, starbucks, West Edmonton mall, Mini golf, church, prayers, meals, laughters, photoshoots and lots of 'girl talk' was just some of the things we did as friends.  I had a new experience while shopping in West Ed. Mall-walking into (and buying) stuff from a maternity store (NO I am NOT pregnant! Just to clarify), for the friend that we were visiting.  Her and her husband are expecting their first child in Dec and so it was awesome being able to bless her with buying her, her first set of Mat. Clothes.  (but it was still weird walking in to that store!! but I son got over it!)

I also received my confirmation phone call/email from where I applied to for January.  I got it :)  I got accepted.  Now, I have till June 1 to pray about it and, if I still feel called to do it-get in a small deposit. 
After youth this last wednesday, I went online to my profile there and started going through some of the documents and well- I was/am quite overwhelmed.  Mind you, it was super late and I was emotional coming off youth (again realizing that it is almost done for another year and also realizing that I will NOT be around for a full year next year-that makes me sad!) and so the timing on my part to look at it-was not good! 

However-since then-reality has kicked in over emotion and I have been able to calm down and slowly start "kicking into gear".  Although I have yet to give them my confirmed "yes" or "No".

Which leads me to this morning's church service-camp/camp ministry and just plain on serving God!  Those fears that I had-well lets just say I was/am reminded about how BIG MY God is.  If I really think about it, I have NO reason NOT to say yes and go.  There is no other greater calling in life then to serve God.  Material things, money, our possesions and yes, even families, will pass away.  God wont. 

I gotta drill that into my head.  I have to make HIM my rock and shelter.  to build MY foundation on YAHWEH.  Now.  Always.

No comments: