Sunday, May 06, 2012

Encouraged

Today was another one of those days that-through the stories of other people-I was encouraged.  For those that say "God doesnt exists" or "He is un loving and doesnt care about me"-part of me just wants to laugh (especially about the part about Him not existing...cause one look around nature-should speak otherwise-but thats not what this post is about).   I heard it said recently that people can (and do) argue the facts of the Bible till they are 'blue in the face', or they may not agree at all or anything with the teachings in the Bible BUT one thing they can not argue-are personal, life stories that people (Christians and non Christians alike) have.  One may choose NOT to believe their stories-but they cannot argue them by saying that it "didnt happen' or something like that.  That is the power in those stories.  That is a main reason why I LOVE hearing testimonies and just "God Stories" of things happening in people's lives.  It is so encouraging.

Through people's stories-you also realize that you are NOT alone on this Christian journey.  That other people have similar struggles to you (and, in some cases-they are almost the same).  I have found in my life, that it is encouraging as well to know that you are not alone-that it is ok to be mad at God, to yell at Him and to ask the famous question..."why?"

I know people struggle with these concepts.  I know from personal experience that I have too, struggled with this concept.  But really-God created every emotion and feeling.  If there is ever anyone who can handle someone being mad at them-its God.  The crazy awesome thing is-He loves us so much that He wont let go-WE might let go-but HE never will.  Its too bad that we often think that it is HIM who lets go of us.  We cannt be more wrong in that line of thinking.

One thing I am struggling with/wrestling with, as of late, is to know how to share that love-to remind people (especially young girls/women) of their worth in God.  I am struggling with this cause God has been remindng me just how awesome HE is and how much HE loves us-and for me NOT to be able to share it/show it-is tough.  I hope and pray that my actions speak louder than words-that people will be able to SEE God through me.

I have been encouraged lately with that very thought.  I have had a few different people mention to me different things along those same lines and that in itself, speaks so much to me!

"I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned.  In awe of the One who gave it all!  I'll stand, my soul Lord to You surrendered, all I am-is Yours  "


No comments: