Whew
Crazy afternoon since I posted the last post!!!
It's gonna be so hard to leave come Jan. (yes yes I know I have said that a lot and you might be/are already sick of me typing that-BUT IT IS TRUE!)
I think that that is why this choice, the decision to "go" is so hard. This afternoon-reminded me of that. It reminded me of the work/need that is right here at home as well. The need to build up, to encourage and disciple those around us-is ALWAYS there. It is always present no matter where we are. No matter what side of the globe we are on.
Recently, I was asked what my motives were/are for going in Jan. Was it to travel? Do missions? see the world? Serve God? The answer, I soon realized, is all of the above. I WANT to travel. I WANT to do Missions. I WANT to see the world. Most importantly- I WANT TO SERVE GOD.
I know I am. Right here. Right now. I am not questioning that. I am not. If I was questioning it, it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to 'up and go'.
I realized lately too-is that I dont want my faith to be something that I do "sunday morning". I want to live it. I want to embrace it. I know i will fail. I know I will mess up. But I have to keep focus on Christ.
I saw a Facebook posted the other day-that read something like this "I would love to Go for coffee with God right now and just embrace all His wisdom and teachings-to just soak it in"
This got me thinking-how awesome would that be? BUT YET-God is not far away. We dont have to do something "magical" to draw near to Him or see Him. We have the TRUTH. We have His WORD. We have the Bible. It is the word of God. THen and always. IF we want to know Him, read scripture-that tells us who He is and what He calls us to do. We have nature. One look outside. Look at the stars. Look at the sands. Look at your head of hair! HE KNOWS THE NUMBER OF HAIRS ON YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and then you try to tell me that there is no God? that God doesnt love me? I want to laugh at you.
You say that 'we evolved from monkeys?' Really? Are you serious? We are created in HIS image. HIS IMAGE-how amazingly awesome is that!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Really. Stop and think about it.
Thhink about how much your Creator loves you.
Be still. Know that HE IS GOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment