Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Remember when...

June is often a time of remembrance in my life.  The month of June has played some major roles throughout the course of my life (and often is, one of the busiest months as well for myself)
It was in June-6 years a go that I graduated from high school and life "began'
It was in June 5 years a go that I returned from my first stint overseas-at a place still dear to my heart-A place that started me on this journey to become who I am today-it takes it places as a large red building with the look of a barn to it, nestled in southern Sweden-filled with laughter, new (yummy) foods and special people who I still call friends today. Holsby brunn-I miss you-thank you for stretching me and starting to mold me!
It was in June 3 years ago that I left for my second stint overseas-Ukraine 2009-where I served God at a kids/teens camp despite not knowing their language.  It is here where I met some awesome missionaries-dedicated to their call that God has on their life.  I met a small, but POWERFUL church doing amazing things in a city that desperately needs God.  Thank you to the Sumy Grace church for challenging me, accepting me (a foreigner) as one of your 'own' and allowing me to observe, partake and serve God alongside you.  It was an honour.  Keep fighting the Good fight!

It is June this year (2012) that my little brother graduates from high school... for that-I am SO incredibly thankful.  There was never really any doubt in my mind that he would not graduate-I just never imagined that we would have the sort of relationship we have now.  Often-through my travels and college experiences-I would hear of other people and their close relationships with their siblings and I would envy them-I craved a relationship like that, with my own siblings.
God knew this and was working the entire time. 
I remember one time in college, during a prayer time with my roommate-just askign that God would work/heal my relationship specifically with my little brother.  I think part of the problem was, was that we were/are so much alike that we 'clash'.  God heard our cries.

I've said before, I have LOVED workign with youth these last two years-and its totally been a blessing-BUT what has been MORE of a blessing-is being able to see/get to know my brother on a different level.  To actually realize how special and awesome he is (yes I am ALLOWED to be biased).  To see him up there, sharing his heart, leading worship, praying out and choosing to get baptized and make a public stand for Christ-never had me prouder to be his big sister.  too see how young kids, both girls and boys-relate to him and how their faces just lite up when he bends down to their level, or lifts them up or gets 'chased' by them- warms my heart.  The term- "friendly giant' comes to mind.

To be able to hug him in public and to have him, return the hug even if his friends are watching-is worth so much.  For him to pray alongside me the few times we have kneeled together before YAHWEH, is worth more than Gold/silver could ever afford.


To be able to talk about faith with him and, hopefully, encourage him as he has encouraged me-has been great and to get a simple, silver cross necklace from him while he was on his trip to London, UK-reminds me of the faith that has bonded and united us.  Something MUCH greater than a sibling bond can/will ever be.

We went out the other day to shoot some grad pictures for him in his suite.  The followign are just a few of the ones I like-I tell yah..this
superstar with his stick-gonna miss watching you play kiddo!

dont worry-he didnt smash it!



Freedom for being done school!

Just because he is graduating-doesnt mean he's gotta mature! :P




Musician and hockey player-but little brother FIRST!!




I am thankful.  I am SO very thankful for the relationship that God has taken hold of and has started to sew together with His Majestic hands.  It is a 'late' project in the works-one that I wish would have started 17 years a go-but they say "better late than never' and now I know that it will be firmly planted in Christ-something that cannnot/will not be broken.




Happy Grad little brother!!
Love you lots!

(p.s now get out there and CHANGE THAT WORLD for CHRIST! :) )

No comments: