So I am in the process of reading through the Old and New Testament this year and I am currently in 1 Kings 18 (I jump back and forth between Old and New as per my reading guide). Anyways- 1 Kings 18 is a story of an awesome prophet named Elijah. Basically-in this story- Elijah mocks, taunts and ultimately KICKS the prophets of baal's butt on Mount Caramel (or, for those that went to SBC with me and were in Prof Gord's OT class-will know this story as Mount "Caramilk"-Thanks Prof Gord!). So I am reading this story and I feel like cheering! woot woot! Go God GO!!!
I am thinking the senerio is sort of like a sporting type event-picturing people with posters (ok not really) but you know cheering on their 'team'--but wait here comes Elijah-telling them to gather more people and pray/yell at their god louder and louder-then he begins to mock and taunt them (talk about embarrassing on their end!!) So after many failed attempt of the Baal prophets attempting to call on their 'god'-Elijah adds salt to their wounds and embarrassment by getting them too dumpy 3 large things of water on the bull at the Lord's alter. Enter the star player of Elijahs team-YAHWEH!! Elijah prays and Yahweh is there-in a ball of fire that consumes not only the bull and alter-but the water in the trenches around it! Crazy eh? So sweet! Amazing power. THAT is MY GOD.
Take that prophets of baal.
MY God is greater, MYGod is stronger
God You are higher than any other
MY God is Healer, awesome and power
MY God, MY God...
No comments:
Post a Comment