"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
Luke 12:6-7
I just got a good 'slap in the face' from God.
I am in the back yard at my parents now and its a beautiful evening out (and such a great day!) and mom sees this wren (a type of bird) flying in and out of her snow man bird house. So we spend some time just watching this wren fly in and out-each time with a small piece of stick or something. It is clear that the bird is building a nest. So as we are watching this, I am remembering the bible study I had with my girls last sunday-where the focus was these two verses found in Luke and in Matthew. God loves me (and YOU) so very much. Simply watching this wren-how it went back and forth bit by bit-no worries and so care free...I could almost feel God "upstairs" in Heaven looking down at me and saying "remember Nikki, I love you MORE then I love that wren. I know the NUMBER OF HAIRS ON YOUR HEAD-yet you dont trust me with your life? My daughter, you are worth FAR more that that bird-yet look at how I care for it--Dont you think that I dont care for you more? Crazy child! Where is your 'child like faith?' I love you. I LOVE YOU"
Do you know what it feels like to be loved by the Creator? Pretty darn awesome amazing!!! You should try it-seek God, feel His love and warm embrace. Allow Him to speak to you and through you and through His creation. He craves a relationship with you. He is waiting for you.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[a] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.Matthew 10:28-30
No comments:
Post a Comment