First off, HAPPY 45TH BIRTHDAY MOM! LOVE YA LOTS!
Well, I have been meaning to up date this thing for a while, so yah like I was saying on the last post, about the small groups, like everything else, they came and went and I think, it was a success! We are doing a study on the women in the bible, one per time that we meet, and so monday was on Sarah, as in Abraham and sarah. Now if any of you dont know that sarah, here is a quick overview. Her and Abraham kept wanting to have a child, but years passed and passed and nothing happened. FInally Sarah told her husband to sleep with Hagar and have a child through her, their servent, all while going against God;s will. So anyways, by the time Abraham was 100 years old, Sarah found out she was expecting, and soon after gave birth to a son, Isacc, who later fathered the sons of the 12 tribes and so on and so forth.
So anways, the whole point of the story, well one of them anyways, was waiting for God and his will, giving it all to him, complete control of your life.
Going in, I really had to idea what to expect. I had looked over my lesson a few times and all, but still I didnt know where God would take this, take about Giving God the control! We started off with kind of a deal or no deal type thing. THe girls, who ever wanted to, could have a hand full of whipping cream to cream someone with, or wait for 2 minutes in ice water for a plate full. Weell, lets just say that my group isnt quiet or shy, which is a good thing, so lots of wanting to people. Needless to say the whip cream in the face and watching the girls chase each other were lots of fun! The whole point of that was "was the waiting in the ice water, worth the wait for the plate of whip cream?" Yah it sure was for the girls that did it.
After that we got to the bibliical part of the study, studing sarah and asking ourselves the same questions she might have asked. We talked about how waiting was hard, and that we all fall short of it. Through it all, I think it went really well. I just have to keep reminding my self something I have learnt over and over from Missions, you may not think they are getting it, but they will remember the good times, and someday, the impact of talking about Sarah and waiting upon God, may hit them. So yah, next lesson? One of my favorite topics, Prayer and the impact, and the questions, "Does God really hear them?" "What is with unanswered prayers?" and all of those. So hopefully it will be good!
Enjoy the pics, I dont think they need a caption!
have a good night!
1 comment:
Sounds like you love being a small group leader. And you have an awesome group of girls too! Those are some fun pictures. I had my first "Bible study"night last night and, while there was no whipped cream throwing, or even Bible reading, it was a great night and I think the girls are excited to come back and study the Bible next time!
Post a Comment