I wonder what it will be like in Heaven when skin colour, race, gender, orgin background, nationality, money and all those other things that screw up this world will be like, wont be there. Will we still have the skin colour we have here? Or will we just be blind to it and just get along? At any given time, you can turn on the news , and some where, someone was killed, murdered, a suicide attack this or that. What is this world coming to? Does life not mean anything to some people? How can someone want to die, going out and then taking their own life, and the lives of others (We just lost for young Canadian Soliders...) and civillians as well. For each "casualtity" in war, civillian and solider, how many of those that died could have perhaps come up with a cure for Cancer, AIDS, and HIV or another epidemic striking the nations? How many would have been the next CS Lewis, JJR toliken, Shakespeare? The Next greatest hockey player, or invented some sort of thing that would save the atomosphere? You know things that like.
Before this summer, for each Canadian Solider thaat died from suicide attacks or from fighting, I will admit that my strongly dislike, and even hate would just increase towards the Taliban, and Afgahn people in general. (yeah I know, I fit in perfectly in town if you know what I mean) My thinking was that, who cares if the people die, its their own people doing the killing, why do we have to sacrifice our young people who are tryuing to bring peace, for the sake of them? You know along that line of thinking. I look back now at that and go wow, its is because of people similar to me. Jesus didnt just love the people like him, he love everybody. He would spend time with lepers, sick, the blind, Demon Possesed, so why Cant I, accross the ocean even, love these people and pray for them? Because it is thanks to Human nature, and small town beliefs and ways.
This past summer, as I mentioned lots, we went to Chalo. GOing in I had no idea, well some idea, of what the nationallity of the people there would be. The ones I knew, were ones that feld their countries for political reasons (Sudan, columbia etc), and then the first day there, we met two guys from Afganistan. Two guys, who with their families had to flee their country from war, yet even still, just cause they were from there, I had an instant resistment to them. I prefered to aviod them. Through that sweeping Saturday morning, i told the person that I was working with my feelings. I realized they were wrong, and I asked God to help me through them. Well, thanks to God;s Mercy and goodness, my heart was softened through the week as I saw them (the guys), play with kids of different colour, interact with the team, kick our butts at soccer, and just through talking. These guys, these brothers, turned out to be so much fun! By the end of the week, it was hard to say good bye. The older one even gave up his morning on that Thursday to help us clean the area from the night before. On the way home, I had lots of time to ponder this all. God had showed me so much that week, but now as i look back, I think the biggest thing I learned is that loving people who you want to love is easy, its loving the people that are hard to love-those are the ones we all fall short at some point sooner or later. For me, it was loving those guys, but it doesnt have to be people of a different colour or Nationallity, it can be neighbour, a church member, someone at work or school, even a sibling or parent.
So when I hear about Canadian Soliders who die, even at teh young age of 22, my hear saddens, and the sense of loss is there, but my heart saddens more for the two young afgahn girls, the mom hugging her baby tight as the bomb went off. Young lives wasted in a war that will never end. What can I do? I use a weapon more powerful then any gun or nuclear advice will ever be, I bow my head and Pray...
No comments:
Post a Comment