Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Remember when...?

So last night, I was just so hyper, I have no idea why- Could be from struggling to lift a box of Apples with Niki, to just having work done, to having had too much sleep, or lack of sleep the night before, who knows, so anyways, since I was really hyper and in one of those moods where I could talk and talk and not shut up! (Maybe it was just the Braun side showing through!! Oh no someone please save me! If you know any of the Brauns I am talkgn about.. Look out!!!) So yah, again I was just thinking how muuch my life has changed since school has been done. I know I have blog about this, or similar to this idea, but like I said, Now is when is it hitting me that I am done school, I dont have to go back if I dont want to, a part of me is free. I look back at Grade 12 and go yah, that really was a great year. Not becuase anything spectacular happend or anything, it was just good, and if I could, I would do it again. YIP was a huge highlight for me this last year, something in which I learnt alot, and had tons and tons of fun doing it! (Kids are so much fun!) Towards the end of school, I started to appreciate the classes, the teachers and all that the word "school" means. I will admit, I miss the classes, the teachers (well some...), hanging out with friends daily (if any of you guys read this, we REALLY need to get together SOON!) and just that contact that you get so used to after 12 years of 9-3:30 schooling. Even though I didnt participate much, I miss PK's english classes where we talk about random stuff, random, but yet really practical to every day life, and then hearing other people argue about something else and this and that. Yah, I even miss those classes with TK where he goes on and on about some government thingg and you could drop dead asleep within seconds if you could. (I know a few people, who used that class daily for sleeping!) Good times! I miss those certain guys who act like idiots during lunch hours, or one of the many arguments with teachers! You know , its too bad that we dont really realize that those are the good times when they are happening. people always said, "Once you are out of high school, you will want back in" When Dang it, they are right yet again! I look at my little brother in grade 7, and think, "man kid, you have it so good! Just enjoy it" Does he know that?

Last night, we had our first youth leaders mtg. Just stepping back in the Hub, its like all those last 5 years of youth (jr. and Sr.) came rushing back. It still smells like it did! How many times did we hang otu by the bar, no not a real bar, and just talk, and ate tons of junk food, oh and Cinnimon Buns! yum yum yum! Candy Potluck night, that was a good time as well. Maybe I need to appreciate where I am now, living at home for free, no bills to pay, the money I earn is totally spending money for me, no homework at the moment, have my evenings free... Yah, maybe I should leave the past in the past, and just enjoy the present (as hard as getting up and going to work maybe somedays!

So yah, i am off to enjoy the eveing more by walking the dog!
Have a good one, and enjoy life now, in the present!

No comments: