Sunday, December 03, 2006

A few thoughts


Ok, so I have calmed down a bit since my last post. I was going to do an update from last night as well. So the girls came around 5:00 and stayed until 10:30. Like I said, its a good thing that everyone else was gone, because we were all very loud and hyper! But it was a good time. We started off with a few rounds of Disney Scene it, followed by talking while enjoying pizza and lots of other junk food like chips, pop, and chocolate. After that we played a game of pictonary, it was really god. Try drawing a parent with your eyes closed and having your team get it, or better yet, hail with the eyes closed! It was lots of fun. Then we did our mcc gift exchange. That was lots of fun as well. After that, we played a few games of Mafia (which the girls had been wanting to play since we first told them about the game back in September. They picked up really quick on it, and it was lots of fun as well, telling stories
this time. Oh, my dad also made a treasure hunt for them (cause a few of them asked him to make one) so we did that as well. So around 10:00 Jaime and I could tell it was starting to wind down, kind of like we didn't know what to do next, so we took the dog out for a walk (which he needed anyways!!) and after that a few of them called for rides, and I took a few home with the wagon. All in all, I think it went really good. I was thinking about it, I only have 5 or 6 more small groups with them, depending on when I leave. Although I am confident that Jaime will do just fine, I had/ am having lots of fun leading one. It gives me a good looks at the other side of youth ministry, and I am learning lots as well.


Then tonight, I went down to Seeds where we had all the refugee families that just came, and other that had been here for a while already, to to meet new people, and enjoy a meal with them. At first, I didnt really know what to, but after a little while, it was better. Thanks to those who checked with me every so often, it helped. Although I didnt interact with lots of the refugee families there, it was something else watching them interact with other people. Just another example of how warm and welcoming they are. Its wierd, I am the one that has lived here forever, yet when I went to something liek that, I am the one that felt out of place. Just with the way they were acting. I am not sure if i can explain it the right way, but yah, it was quite something, a good something. Kind of like the new Chris tomlin lyrics from Awesome is the Lord most high "Raise your hands all you Nations" That kind of like what was happening, though one is a christian, and another Muslim, not only did that not matter, but neither did background or skin colour. Then after I finally got to meet the rest of the nour family att their home. Not to mention the wife made us tea, and it was very good! They Have only been here 3 or so weeks, and the english the husband has picked up, amazing. I also found out that the husband taught Arabic in Somolia, and has something else (which I cant remember what it was) but it proved to me again, that these ppeople that come over, arent stupid, or come from slums. They are well educated (some at least) in their own language, not to mention a few of them also know like 4 other languages which they are flunt in! Its quite something!

So yah. I should be going, A new week is about to start, so have a good week!
Cherish LIFe

No comments: