Thursday, September 08, 2011

9/11: 10 year Memorial

I clearly remember where I was 10 years ago...I was in grade 8.  The day started off like any other day...I was heading off to school..why not right? a new school year just started so why not go off to it?  wow, little did I know how my day would change...how the world would change from that point on. I remember still going to school-still not fully sure of the impact that was happening south of the border, or the affect it would have on me years later (with airport security and just the world in general).
I remember being in grade 8 and watching it unfold on the tv there...beyound that, I do not remember what we learned or did that day...

Now, 10 years later, the day once again draws near...its a day that is the same every year-memorials and more memorials ever where you look-news, tv, paper etc.  Now dont get me wrong, I think memorials are a great thing-people need to remember...but always 're living it'? already-I have seen 3 9/11 specials on tv (and I am sure there are more to come).  Yes, it is interesting stuff that they show for sure, and people's stories DO need to be told...but I still dont know how I feel about it all.

What happend that day, is tragic, 3000 plus lives lost forever, families and friends-lives changed forever.  Parents lost, kids, dad, mom's, firefighters, police etc etc and the list goes on and on.

But what about the Horn of Africa-right now-the drought going on? lives being lost? what about the fighting in the middle east (lots that has increase since 9/11), and all of those lives lost? (soliders and civilians alike)

I know its a no win situation...the world is full of evil, and until Christ comes again-it will remain full of evil...however let us not forget the good that is around us.

1 comment:

Al Sawatzky said...

Christ is coming and that is what we should fix our eyes upon. Is That not in itself awesome?