Ok, ok. I just got back from a Junk to Joy Banquet at our Church (thanks Grace, it opened yet another eye for me) Though there are negative things to living in a small town, (find me a town that doesnt have bad things about it), there are just as many good things as well, other then the saftey and security (which I am very glad for) For instance, the people, not all people, but people who just seem to make everyones day, they always have a smile on their face, and an open and willing heart and soul. They are just over all good caring people. I really dont know how else to describe them. They are the ones that will take you in, feed you, clothe you, all while looking beyound what they see. Beyound the physical features, or another persons past. Thats what this Junk to Joy program is about. Letting people know that there IS a God who loves them, regardless of past mistakes, through spending time with them, wood working and crafts. I know, I am sure you have all heard this 1000s of times, but maybe this time it will sink in. WE DONT HAVE TO LEAVE OUR COMMUITY FOR MISSIONS! heck, we dont even have to go to saskatoon, or any other province withiin the country. There are missions right at our doorsteps. I am guilty of this as well, I want out, and I want to make a difference to someone out in the world...but God came a knocking like he usually does right when you know what you want.. and reminded me, and also showed me again tonight that "Nikki there are missions right here, NOW. Right where you are." And by Missions, I dont mean, "hey lets make so and so a "Project" and get them to go to church, I mean an acutally servent, loving heart who truely cares for the person.
In a small town, those people stick out, or at least they should. I look at my own family, and instantly i could name a bunch of people that have made a difference. Grace-your work with April (hope you dont mind me using this), wow, what a caring heart, and tho it maybe hard at points, keep at it, God is working through you to reach out to her again. I know he is! Thank you for challenging me, making me think!. Leah-wow girl, you have done more for me then I think you will ever know. And tho we dont see each other as much/email as much, you are still my go to girl if I ever need advice on certain things (*cough cough!*) lol. Pearl- Your minstry through your quilting, 7:00 AM phone calls (ok not that early!) camping, waffle suppers, and just hangin out with people, including me, has impacted me so much. Your love and support is so amazing. thank you thank you thank you! The list could go on and on for me, but it there are more people, non family members that also need to be recongized. Teachers (JT and PK-your classes always challenged me, both spiritually, and well, acidemically as well!), Youth leaders- Marv and Deb, Nathan and Niki. Thank you so much all of you! Keep Challenging me and making me think in my walk wth Christ. Ben and Cindy the work you do with the refugee families that come in, amazing and I am so glad that there are people like you guys! The Seniors of our town-though we dont always agree, you guys are the prayer warriors for us here and there. We couldnt do it without you financial, and most important prayers!
Do you get my drift yet? There are tons and tons of people. These are just a few who have affected my life, but i know that tthere are others in this town and in your life that have impacted you. I hope that this will make you think, and perhaps tell them how much they mean to you.
So when Anne, the founder of Junk to Joy, read the statisitcs of the drug and Drinking abuse etc in and around this area, the numbers are surprising for a "good clean Mennoonite" community. But God is a GOd of second chances, second chances for me and for you, and maybe just maybe, God is using you to be a beakon of light for someone else. Take the oppportunity, but dont do it your self, Do it with the strenght and Power of our Lord and Savior!!
Cherish life!
(So yah, comment, so that I actaully know people read these things!)
1 comment:
I love second chances!
Kari-Ann
Post a Comment