On my way to work, I always listen to music on my Ipod, and since I just put a lot more songs on it, the more variety there is, the better. Some of the new songs I put on were off my VERY old Hokus Pick songs off my cds that I havent listend to forever! They have this one song called "True Believer" and apart from the style (which I will admit, isnt all bad) if you listen to the lyrics, they are quite something.
The part about "trying, crying, denying" really hit me, along with "giving up, running out, full of doubt." It reminded me as Christians, we will ty, we will cry, we will at some point deny Christ. There will be points in our lives where we want to give up, we are running out of "steam", or faith. Full of doubt. Yet the desire to be a true believer will remain. Tears will come when a loved one passes on, we will try to remember that they are in a better place, yet the tears are still there. But you may say, "we live in a Small, Mennonite community, how could we deny christ?" Quite simple, just look at the schools, the work place, the malls and all. There are lots of opportunities. Through coversation, when someone laughs at Christianity or God, and we stand there, hands in our pockets, is that denying Christ? I think so.
I know from experience how easy it is to want to throw your hands up and go "screw it, i Give up!" Who isnt full of doubt sooner or later? Parts of me wonder if I will make it once I am in Europe, off the plane. I have my doubts. Will I make the right connections, take the right trains/buses. Will I get to were I need to be on time and all. believe me, the doubts are there. (But I am still so excited!) I know through it all, God WILL see me through it all, he will lead me on, take my hand and help me stand.
So yah, read the lyrics below and think about what they mean to you, dont just read them and go oh that was nice, and move on, STOP and really think about them, even for a few moments. Perhaps they will challenge you, make yourself ask questions, or even just have taken the time to acknowledge God for those few moments!
I'm not a rock
Do i believe it or not
For i have denied
T.he grace i received by name
The saints of old
The saints of old
Chickened out when the roostercrowed
Still they were forgiven
Without consequence or blame
{chorus}:
{chorus}:
I'm trying, crying, denying
But i want to be a true believer
Giving up, running out, full of doubt
Still i want to be a true believer
When even my best
When even my best
Has fallen short of the test
I see His arms outstretched
To the low & the wretched to save
Lowest of the low, where can i go
Lowest of the low, where can i go
Drowning in a pit, lift me out of it
Lift me up
Lift me up, fill my cup, lead me on
Lift me up, fill my cup, lead me on
I want to be a true believer
Lead me on, take my hand, help me stand
I want to be a true believer
(Oh and check out, "Learning as I go" Lyrics by Hokus Pick as well, a great message in reminding us that life of a Christian, is a never ending, learning journey!)
Cherish LIFE
(Oh and check out, "Learning as I go" Lyrics by Hokus Pick as well, a great message in reminding us that life of a Christian, is a never ending, learning journey!)
Cherish LIFE
No comments:
Post a Comment