What an evening. Tonight, I witnessed my brother take the next step in his walk with Christ, but getting Baptized. Congrats Corey! The Day started off like any other. Woke up, went to Church, came home, Lunch, scrapbooked a bit on my Chalo album, supper you know, the usual. I learned earlier this month that Corey was getting Baptized today, and I couldnt wait. My insides felt like they would jump out at times. I was just excited. So here it was, now it came and went, and what an evening that was. Corey started it off with giving his testimony (which I was also interested in hearing), so with family close by, he spoke. Now its too bad that he had hockey on Friday and some idiot (also known as another hockey player), nailed him in the throat with a puck (and I Wonder why I love that game!??!), so yesterday he could hardly talk, and though it was better today, it was still hard, well, not hard, but it wasnt his normal, strong clear voice. Also getting baptized was an 87 year old lady from town. That in itself was something. Although she knows some english, not enough to speak her son read her testimony, and stood by her. I thought she would get poured (like with the cup), but NOPE, she was fully immersed, and boy was she ready to go! Her exitement after she came out, waving to the people and just the look on her face, was amazing. It was how baptizim should be, pure joy and excitment. You could tell the whole congeration felt genuianly happy and amazed for her. What in inspiration.
But yah, watching Corey go under, was great, yet again, parts of me wanted that to be me. After the service was over, my aunt who was sitting behind me, smiled and asked me "so when do we get to see you get baptized?" I just smiled and said, "we will see", and we will. I havent really thought about it much since earlier, but once again, the thought is now there. My plans are to go to europe, go to capernwray and see where I am after that. I am not waiting for some big revelation, or maybe I am, but maybe I Need to come back with a new attitude on somethings, or just a new outlook on life.
Overall, it was a good evening, and I plan on putting up pics from tonight as well (I am on Coreys Laptop). It was great to see family out from coulee and , dare I say, Winkler... but hey, its family:D Plus I got mom Christmas gift (which she is curious about now!). All in All, agian it was a good evening.
So heres to a good week, and yah, to life, to the freedom we have in Christ, to live for him, proclaim his name in songs, friendship, fellowship, laughter, family, life and love! God I love you!
Cherish Life!
No comments:
Post a Comment