39 days to go! Yeah I am on the countdown! Its coming, slowly, but coming none the less. So today, I helped in my dads sunday school class, and the topic was change. It was a lesson based out of Matthew, when Jesus first called Matthew the tax collector to leave everything follow, and thats what he did. So thinking, what or how do I need to change to be a better servent of God? What do I need to surrender? Well my trip for starters, but that aside, in my everyday, normal, comfortable life? Perhaps that is the problem, its too comfortable. I am not looking for anything dramatic to happen, cause chances are it wouldnt be something good, but I dont something. Even to have a conversation with someone who can really stretch me, or make me think "outside the box". I look back to where I was spiritually before Christmas, I was in A spiritually low point, but now I am glad I had it, becuase it made me think, it made me question things that otherwise I perhaps wouldnt have questioned. It helped me define who and what I believe in and so now come travels, I think if someone would ask me why i Believe in God, I would have a firm answer, where as before, it might have been something as simple as "Cause that is what I was brought up with", not really an answer at all.
But going back to Matthew the tax collector, towards the end of the story when Jesus is eating with matthew, the pharisess question, "When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, 'Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and "sinners"?' On hearing this, Jesus said, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: "I desire mercy, not sacrifice." For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners'" (matthew 10: 9-13)
So my question is the part that I have bolded, what does that mean? He desires mercy, not sacrifice.. Yah, I really dont know how to explain it, so if you have any ideas that would help, leave a comment and let me know and maybe I can figure it out better.
So the post was kind of random, but yah, that is what was on my mind!
Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment