Monday, February 19, 2007

Fear

This was one of the songs that I was listening today at work. Usually I just skip over it, why I am not sure but I do, anyways So fear. What does that mean to you? A scary movie? Being home alone? what else? I have thought about this before, in terms of biblical "fear" and all. The fear paul must had have stepping out into the water, or David approaching the giant. What about my fear? The part about stepping out of my comfort zone, I can relate to that fear. That is one of the reason for my little adventure coming up.
I wonder what was going through Paul and David;s mind when they came across those challenges? What a conversation it will be to have with them! Although I have never failed at travling (cause I have never traveld like I am about to), I have failed at other things though, we all have somewhere or another in life.I love the part in the song about "soaring on wings of eagles". What a great sight, or picture that gives!
I am hoping and praying that I will be able to soar on eagles wings during my trip. Anyways read the lyrics, let them speak to you, challenge you or just make you think! Enjoy
Oh,what I would do
To have the kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown
Where Jesus is,
And he's holding out his hand
But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me time and time again
"Boy, you'll never win, you'll never win, you'll never win."
Oh, what I would do to have the kind of strength it takes
To stand before a giant with just a sling and stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors shaking in their armour
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me time and time again
"Boy you'll never win, you'll never win, you'll never win."
But the stone was just the right size to take the giant down
And the waves don't seem so high when
I'm standing on top of them looking down
And I'd soar with the wings of eagles
if I could just ignore the sound
Of the waves and the giants, the waves and the giants in my mind
Lord, you've not given me a spirit of fear
But of power and of love,and of a sound mind
So from now on, I won't let the tempter's lies turn my eyes away from the prize
That you have set before me.
That you have set before me.

Oh, on a side note totally unrelated-I am cutting my hair, any idea for styles etc etc? let me know. I want something quick and easy

1 comment:

Niki said...

Good thoughts on fear...interesting...isn't it fun how songs sometimes can really inspire thoughts that wouldn't normally be thought?
As far as your hair goes...exciting!!! I don't know what style I would go with...shorter is always easier than medium...especially when traveling. I'm not sure if Alyssa-short is too short, but it could look good. Otherwise, I'd go into the hairdressers place and say "I'm traveling and want something easy and something that won't grow out overnight. I also want a change so go nuts." That's what I usually do, and it's never done me badly yet!