Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lion King

So today at work, I had this totally random moment. I am there, working and all of a sudden, I get this lion king song in my head. "Hakumata" Not spelt right, but the song Timon and Pumba sing shortly after they rescue Simba. Totally random I know. From there, I started to reply the movie from that part in my head, like I have nothing better to do! Going basically word for word, yah i know I have seen it waaaaaaaaaaaay too many times! I get to this point where the 3 of them are lying up looking at the stars (simba has grown). Pumba asks timon what "those are way up there" Timon gives his answer (fireflys stuck in that big blueish black thing-how not true!) So anyways, Pumba ends up giving his answer, which ironically is correct. They end up asking Simba, and he tellls them waht his father said long ago about the great kings up there. Timon and Pumba lauggh and Simba gets up and leave. (timon-"was it something I said?)
So anyways, he ends up plopping down on the ground, which causes dust/leaves to swirl up, and ironically in still moving the next morning, and Rafiki this so called old wise monkey gets a hold of them , and by chance mixes them into something and realizes through taht that simba is still alive! So my question is, this so called wise old monkey, believes scar, simba's bad uncle, when he first tells them Simba and Mufasa are dead. Why would Rafiki believe him in the first place? I mean really, scar is known for you know being bad and all, and if rafiki is so wise, i mean come on. I know totally random like i said, but hey I have 8 hours to think about things like these.

So bringing it to a bit more practical level, i tried relating that thought to Christ and our relationships with him, but its too bad I didnt get that far, got distracted on something else! Maybe that s something to think about tomorrow! I know what you are thinking, I have waaaaaaaay to much time on my hands! I am just enjoying it while i have it! So yah, thats it for now, just a random thought! See what you make from it!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Yeah, that is quite the random thought. I just realized that it's been a long while since I've commented. Only a month more of lazy-minded days and the travels begin!!!