Sunday, October 08, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland, Here I come!
This Past weekend, I got to see a lot of people that I havent seeen/talked to since end of July, so even though its only been 2.5 months roughly, its amazing how quickly things change, how fast and easy it is to lose contact with people that you saw everyday for the last 12 years! Or maybe its the fact that I am one of the only ones out of my immediate group of friends, just working for a while, in stead of going to school right aways. Its been great listening to stories from university, bible collage and other programs that they are in. Overall its sounds like that they are all having lots and lots of fun and that is good, that is how it should be as well. Again, one thing that I dont miss, is the homework that they all have! I will admit that while they are out studing and meeting new people, I am still jealous. The people that they are meeting all sound really cool, and I want to meet new people as well. I know I know, my turns coming soon, and I cant wait for that, but still, part of me wishes that that was me now experiencing what they are as well. I guess that was a choice I made though, and Like I said, hearing them talk, is making me more and more excited for sweden. On that note, I am looking into flights and dates and all, and I am looking at around a March 19/20 departure date, right after my birthday I know! Then flying out to Germany wheere a friend there will pick me up and then I would stay with her until the very end of March. I look at Capernwrays site again, and that too, just gets me more and more exicted! I am even starting to look foward to flying, (I have never flown before, and am kinda of nervous), but God is slowly breaking down that wall/fear as well. For those of you who dont know, something I HAVE to do when I am in Europe is hit as many Vineyard churches as I can. The best thing is that I found what I am looking for, a vineyard church that seeems very open, come as you are type thing, music, even fair trade coffee and tea (even though I dont drinkk either!) I could go into so much detail with it, but just check out the link http://www.almondvineyard.co.uk/aboutus.htm and then after that, check out the what 2 expect page. I am sooooooooooo excited! That sounds like just what I am looking for, and its in Scotland! One of the countries on my "To visit" list! Just another reason to go! So yah, 6 more months... God give me strength....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Nikki!
It was so good seeing you this weekend. Yah, I'm sure you're not envying the hours of homework a day!! I'll be praying for you here at home (keeping things running, right?)...I imagine waiting to go overseas would be extremely, insanely tough! But all the anticipation will just get you more excited. Have a great week. I'll probably see you in church next week! Love ya!
Alyssa
Like you said, your time is coming! I'm so excited for you! You're going to be the one coming back then and telling all of the great stories and we (Nathan and I and everyone else) will be the ones with a twinge of jealousy. It's good to have you around still...I enjoy seeing you on Sundays and Thursdays and sometimes in between! Oh, and I'm glad that God is breaking down that wall of fear of flying for you. Flying really is amazing!
Post a Comment