I know I already posted today, but who says you cant post twice in one day? So school violence, what is this world coming to? Seriously. Not only school Violence, but just stuff kids to for entertainment. Take last weeks CSI: Crime Scence Investigation. Talk about intense! Now, if you havent seen it, the episode, and plan on seeing it, come back and read this later....
So that epsiode was about a group of kids mainly, one adult, going around and almost beating people to death, tourists. In one case, they did kill some one, just for kicks! Note what Sara and Grissom say at the end. Now, coming from a small, VERY mennonite communtiy, part of me find this hard to believe that this is what people do for kicks, but then again, I have seen experienced, and heard enough that another part of me, doesnt know what to do about it. The Thing is is that this is very real, kids killing kids in schools, schools, even the local ones, are practicing Lock downs now. We never had to do that! and that was only 6 years ago! What will it be like for the next generation, or the generation after that? I was talking with my mom about this the other day, and at one point she mentioned Noah (thanks Kayla for the correction!) and the Flood. If we think things are bad now, what must have things been like then for God to wipe out all those people? To bring the flood on in the first place? Its a good thing is sends rainbows as a promise he will never do that again, cause with out it, I would always walk around with a life boat and life jackeet! It something to think about. Is this the society we created? How bad will it get yet? We always think, nah school shootings will never happen here, in our town, but I am sure that the columbine school didnt expect it, the school in Montreal, heck, even the Amish school of all places. Its a very real thing, and a very real issue, what are you going to do about it?
Catherine: Did you now Pig, a.k.a Cole Tritt was the only adult? The rest were all under 18. One was 14.
Warrick: You're kidding. Who raises these kids?
Catherine: I mean, they weren't all deliquents. Dmitris James was a college student.
Nick: Hangin' out with the wrong crowd in the wrong town. I'm tellin' ya, havin' a fake I.D in Las Vegas is like havin a--a free ticket on the hell train. Sex, drugs, gambling, no adult supervision, 24/7, by the time they're 21 they've done and seen it all.
Catherine: Make me slit my wrists why don't ya. I'm raising a teenager here.
Warrick: Ah, you're doin' a great job, Linds is gonna turn out to be a beautiful young woman. Besides, I grew up in Vegas I didn't turn out so bad, did I?
Nick: Yeah. That was pre-mirage. Back when you were goin' to the casino, playin' the arcade games. Nah, Vegas is a different animal now.
Warrick: Yeah, these kids need to beat people up in the street to be entertained. They need some good disapline, they need their grandmother whoopin' their ass like I had.
Nick: Yeah, a good slap.
Sara: You know, it kinda sounds like you guys are blaming everyone but these kids. I mean, you don't get a bye just because you grew up here or your parents are on drugs or---those kids were perfectally capable of telling the difference between a wild night out and beating somebody to death.
Grissom: The truth is, a moral compass can only point you in the right direction, it can't make you go there. (beat) Our culture preaches that you shouldn't be ashamed of anything you do anymore. And unfortunately this city is built on the principle that there's no such thing as guilt. "Do whatever you want, we won't tell." So without a conscience, there's nothing to stop you form killing someone. And evidently you don't even have to feel bad about it.
2 comments:
hey it's kayla, i agree with your thoughts on this, what has this world really come to its terrible, but i think i need correct you on your moses and the flood statment, i think you ment noah and the flood, just figured i would share that with you....
love
kayla
Hey thanks for the CSI quote. I thought that those closing remarks were incredible. I love when CSI goes deep like that :D see ya
Post a Comment