Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend update

So for 6+ months of planning, and all of that hype and advertising/volunteer
time, I question was that even worth it? Mom, Darcy and I took in Saturday and Sunday of the Franklin Graham Festival in the city. Saturday morning we left early to pick up corey and then head to Costcos and the mall and all. For those of you who know me, shopping and me are like oil and water, I really really dislike it! (how Can that be? I am a Braun!?) The first two stores we went too were good. Sport Mart and this scrapbooking store (Niki-next time you are in the city, you should check it out, its right near sport mart, further in the back) Its this big scrapboking store with specialized paper, brads, stickers and other nick nacks, and the prices are very reasonable. My brothers evven liked it for what its worth! After that, Costcos for an hour to get pics done and a new passport photo taken, Mall after. I was long done and ready to go to the concerts by then! We were at the MTS center by 4:30, and one of the first 250 people in line. Doors opened at 5:15 and there a whack of people still waiting to get in! So I will skip the boring detail, but it was quite something how we were "Herded in" section by section, row by row. We were pretty close to the stage though. Tree 63 started the night off at 6:45 ish. They were not bad considering I havent seen them before! (The Main singers with the red guiter and they are from South africa). But like the night before, each group only played 4-5 songs! That was dissapointing, especially for darcy cause he wanted to see the Newsboys (the other pic) But what they did play was really good. Franklin Graham- Now I dont know how much you know about him, but long story short, apparently he causes lots of conterversy and all. After 9/11 he made some comment against the Muslims something about using our "Mass destruction" weapons against them. (Check Google). He only spoke for around 20 minutes and was very blunt. He made a comment about how there were murderers in the area. He went on to talk about Abortion and how that is murder. He also touched on Homosexuals, saying "God made sex for a man and women in a Marriage relationship, not for a man and man, or women and women." You could tell walking out, some people were NOT happy. There was an alter call after, which took a while (not sure how I feel about those...different topic tho). And Corey and Carina picked us up after it was over, by 9:15!

Sunday Morning, we left at noon. There by 1:30 and in line by then as well. The line was crazy long, but we cut into the line with people we knew from town. Casting crowns played and Michael W smith played. I have seen Casting Crowns 3 times now, and would see them again anytime! Their message and music is so good! I noticed the main singer though, sang almost the full time with his eyes closed, due to his ADD i think. Michael W smith was good, mom enjoyed him. F. Graham spoke again, still blunt, but by then, I was so ready to go. I was not in the mood to listen to him agian, but Darcy wanted to stay, so we did. We left during another Alter call. SO yah, that was the weekend. I felt like sleeping in today,and totally not doing anything, but nope, off to work i Went. Only 4 more days this week. Cherish life

No comments: