What a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day today was!
See then thing is, our computer system that we use was done alll day. So that means that the people up front cant take orders, which means that the printer doesnt work, which means that we cant fill the orders, which all equals a VERY long day of dusting an inch thick of dust off all the shelves, sweeping the dust you dusted off the shelves on the floor, restocking shelves and "trying" to look busy. Its like a love/hate relationship (at least i think it is). On one hand, technology is amazing, I mean look at how you can talk with people on the other side of the world with a click of the mouse. Phones can take pictures, and we have put over a hand full of people on the moon...yet we cant get a simple (at least I thought so) program to work? Makes no sense to me. And not only is the company losing money from not being able to process orders, they are having to pay us the employees for "housekeeping." Can some one please explain that to me? The way I look at it, after the 4th hour of the program not working, send me home and call me if and when they get the computer working and I will come in and get those orders out! Dare I say it, but I cant wait for that yellow OVertime sign to go back up! The Day goes by so much quicker when there is work to do, cause you arent looking at the clock every two secondS! I felt like going insane, really i did. Agian the only thing that kept me going was the thought of "need money for Europe, need money for Europe..." oh yah, and the fact of the little reminder from the summer lesson of no job is meaningless. Me and God spent some quality time, during all my sweeping and all. So yah, that was my day, and I really really really hope that tomorrow things go differently, and I really cant wait for the long weeekend!
Cherish life! (even the dusting and sweeping part of it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment